Friday 30 September 2011

Teenage dreams


In just under 2 months I will be 28, a grown up...to some degree. Yet I still suffer from spots on my face, ones that no concealer invented can cover some times. Yes I did think that I would be past this stage by now but I am sure that the amount of pain killers ect I am on don't help and my skin is getting a little bit cheesed off at time.

When I was younger I was under the impression that to get rid of spots you needed to first strip your skin of any natural oils or moisture that showed themselves. Then I would rub on toner that stung so bad I thought I had used paint stripper and then the final step was spot gel but no moisturiser. Every thing I did was wrong and I now wonder why my spots were not worse, they deserved to be lol
                                                     
When I feel the first throb and bump under my skin these days I go gentle with my skin care.
I cleanse with a cream cleanser, my favourite is a icon any way and needs no explaining I am sure.
Liz Earle Cleanse and polish cleans my skin properly whilst feeding my skin and keep the moisture levels up. Using the Muslin cloth gently gets rid of each dry layer as the spot breaks through and dry's up.
A gentle skin refresher follows just to get rid of any remaining cleanser.

I then use a tea tree Gel on the spot. Not only is it anti bacterial so stops the spot getting worse it also clears up the spot as it goes. I like Superdrug Tea tree range, it's purse friendly and it works but seems more gentle than some out there.
Once that dries I use Liz Earle's Skin repair moisturiser. I am normally the oily version but when I have bad skin I opt for Dry/ sensitive to be gentle.

The final step in my routine and the one that scares who ever sees me is my Sudecreme face mask. I just apply a layer of Sudecreme over the spotty area to protect the skin and it does clear spots up super fast! You do look like a horror film extra though so be warned lol

Hope you all find this helpful. Leave me a comment below if you have any recommendations

Sam x

sorry there is no photo of Cleanse and Polish but I have ran out !


No comments:

Post a Comment