Monday 22 August 2011

Holy Grail foundation, I'm not switching!!

For years I have been searching for a foundation that I don't want to part with.  The thing that I find most important is the colour match, I don't want to look like an Orange but yet I am pale enough without going for that Casper look.
When I first started to wear make up I had to skip foundation because no company had a shade pale enough for my skin and I wasn't in to the tide mark look. Luckily times and shades have moved on.
I still have to go to the higher end of the market though to find my HG foundation. A few posts ago I wrote about my love for Bare mineral foundation and this still stands but sometimes I want to wear a liquid  for the moisturising and luminescent veil of colour you get.

Well I have found it! Yes it is expensive BUT it's the perfect match, you can create the coverage you need and it's just so luxurious.
£33 at House of Fraser

The shade is Soft Ivory

The foundation is available in 9 shades and I think for the first time I was not the palest shade that they do. The Make up Artist recommended this and she could not of done better.
The foundation has light defusing properties that have been added to almost air brush your skin.
I take this round my eyes as a brightener and base.
It feels light as a feather and lasts all day with out slippage or shine.

This was my first Laura Mercier purchase but it won't be my last. I am building a wedding make up box and this is going in it. I am never going to be without this! 

If you are looking for

Buildable coverage
A light feel on the skin
staying power and a luminous finish

I would recommend this without a second thought. Yes it's at the higher end but you need so little it will last ages. Amazing!!!

Laura Mercier available at

House of Fraser
Space NK

The Laura Mercier.com site is a US site and this is why I have not linked it
Silk Crème foundation was purchased by myself  


No comments:

Post a Comment