Wednesday 4 January 2012

Hello 2012, a new start

                                                   

Hello everyone on this wet and very windy Wednesday!!
Thank you for popping by my blog especially since I have been M.I.A for the past 2 months or so.
I have hopefully got my writing bug back after that long break. So New Year new start huh?

First of all Happy 2012 people! Last year was a mixed bag for me but I am certain this year will be a lot better ,after all I have my wedding this year to look forward to.
As this is my first post in a while I wanted to combine a few things, What's been happening, what beauty brands/products I discovered last year and finally what my aims are for this year...It would be great if you all could leave your little list in the comments below!
So what happened the last two months of last year good/bad. Well I discovered I am cranky when I loose sleep lol I fell on my bum in public and this both hurt my bum and my pride but the two biggest and most positive things to happen were that My Dad flew over from Oz for my 28th Birthday. He was hoping to surprise me but I had a idea and then I became like a dog with a bone trying to suss out what was going on lol, But to be honest It was still a huge surprise to find him on the doorstep so that was really special.
And the other thing is that I started to loose a bit of weight, slowly but steadily. I just hope to keep it up or should I say down as that is the way I want my weight to go!

On to the beauty side of things.

I discovered what I think is one of the best brands around. Illamasqua had been a brand that quite scared me to be honest. All bright colours and Dramatic make up that I would not put anywhere near my face, never judge a book by its brightly coloured cover! I just happened to drop by their counter and was having a nosey when what must be the nicest MUA persuaded me to grab a pew. I explained in a panic that I am very safe and neutral with my make up and all I was really looking for was a foundation for a wedding. I had pictures of walking away looking like one of the billboards that advertise the brand.
How wrong I was. Yes they do love the more dramatic look because at the end of the day they are looking for your alter ego but I must say that visit changed my view on myself. I know that it a big claim to make, however this M.U.A made me feel a million dollars. Not only did she make me realise I have some good features after all but I also came away knowing that I can wear that statement lip or more than one coat of mascara without feeling like a little girl who got caught in her mum's make up draw.
I walked away with what sealed the deal for me, Illamasqua's Skin Base. I am going to be doing a full review when the light is good enough to take pictures because I don't want the effect to be lost.
Safe to say it is a dream to blend, the shade choice is one of the best I have ever seen and the finish on the skin is amazing. I find that I keep reaching for this day after day.
If you walk past a counter or are lucky enough to pop in to a store go and have a nosey, I promise you won't regret it!!

Finally My plans for 2012

Blog much more than last year is at the top of the list.
Keep reading the blogs that I love so much and watching the You tube channels.
Keep on with this weight thing, it can only be good for me.
Spending quality time with my Oz family

And finally... Meet Paul at the end of that aisle with the biggest smile on my face because I know our marriage will be amazing!!!

PS, You didn't think that I would forget to give a massive shout out to that amazing M.U.A did you?

Louise Westbrooke from Illamasqua Thank you!x

Take care
Sam xx


image by telegraph.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment