Tuesday 10 January 2012

Illamasqua Skin Base







Hi everyone,

I hope that you are well?  Yes?  Good!

I promised that I would write down my thoughts on the Illamasqua Skin Base after my rambles about it featured so heavily in my first post of 2012.
Since I bought the skin base in October I have found that I reach for it more often than not these days, I have not moved on from it nor have I shoved it in a draw, which is a good sign.
The skin base is Illamasqua's version of the BB cream that saturated the market last year. All with promises of the perfect complexion.
I had bought a BB cream before, one that came out in just 2 shades. I was sceptical about this straight off, as most people who have bought a foundation of any kind know that only with only 2 camps to fall into the likelihood is that you will turn out Tango'd or a cast off from The Only Way Is Essex.  Need I say more as to where I'm going with this?

Illamasqua has got 18 shades of the Skin Base and I got SB02. I was surprised as I am normally the palest shade of base products but no other company has a true pale white  lol
The texture of the SB is more of a cream/gel to me. This makes it easy to apply and blend and you also cannot feel it sitting on the skin, which I love! I will definitely trust this foundation enough to use it come summer.
The amount of compliments I have gotten whilst wearing the foundation is amazing. They all ranged from...You look healthy to...I didn't know you had been away!

About here was where I was going to pop a photo of me in the SB but Sheffield has seemed to of been under a constant rain/storm cloud so I was not able to get any pictures where I didn't look like I was hiding in the shadows. I will pop one here as soon as the sun shines for two minutes.

The lasting power of the SB is good, it actually lasts on me for a good 12 hours. I have to powder my T-zone every now and then but that's the same with anything. The coverage is buildable too so if you need more help one day just buff a little more on, it's not going to cake. I prefer to use my Sigma F80 brush but I am sure it would work just as well with a regular foundation brush or indeed plan old fingers. I also blend it over and under my eyes to give my concealer a little help. Blushers or Bronzers, creams or powders they all blend brilliantly on top of the Skin Base. So you can wear any look you like and you will look perfectly polished.

All in all for me it's the best foundation I have tried so far from either end of the cost scale.

Skin Base is £25 for 30ml  a little goes a long way.

You can get yours from Debenhams or Illamasqua stand alone stores.

If you are a online girl or guy
Illamasqua is where you want to be

Take Care

Sam x


Illamasqua Alter Ego image credited to Illamasqua.com

No comments:

Post a Comment