Tuesday 19 October 2010

Are you a Geller Girl?

I have had my eye on Laura Geller make up for a while after watching many QVC shows.
Laura always injects fun into her demonstrations and to be honest it was this zest for life that tipped me over and encouraged me to invest in one of her collections.
In the end I went for the On the bright side collection priced at £37.86 from QVC.


Laura is famous for her baked compacts and the first one that comes to mind is her Balance and brighten.
This is included in the collection. I am always concerned with foundation as the fair shades never seem light enough.This foundation has so many shades mixed in that it blended in to my skin tone perfectly and did brighten areas of darkness such as under eye circles.The powders in this line are the softest I have ever felt so if you don't wear foundation because you hate the feeling of something on your skin this should be on your wish list!
There is also the new Banish and brighten concealer included. It comes in a little tube with a metal tip, this is fab to help take down puffy eyes and because the concealer includes light reflecting particles it also erases dark circles too.

The blusher is amazing!It is split in the pan into two formulas with two complimenting shades.One half of the pan is a multi toned blusher colour and that is teamed with a satin paler shade that adds a healthy, subtle sheen to the skin. For a blusher it is also a really great size so will last for ages.
I found that I only had to swirl my brush in the pan once and that was enough to add colour to both cheeks.

The eye shadow supplied also included her famous Rimz, so a two for one really. The eyeshadow is a lovely pink colour... don't worry you won't look like a 80's throw back. It really makes your eyes pop and it never creases. With that on your lids and a small sweep of the sea blue/green Rimz as eye liner there is no mistaking that your eye area does become brighter, made up but in a subtle way.
Finally a sweep of the eye-liner in Bone on the inner corners and water line, opens your eyes further without reaching for that white liner that always looks just that bit too harsh.

The shades available are
Fair (my shade)
Medium (best for olive, tanned skins)
Tan ( Darker skin tones)

For me my first dip into the Laura Geller make up line has been a good one. I will have no hesitation on buying more from her and the next thing on my list has to be her Spackle make up primer.

Give it a go and you might become a Geller girl yourself!!!

Laura Geller products available exclusively in the Uk on www.qvcuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment