Sunday 14 February 2010

A Brave New World - Blogging!

Hi Everyone,

This is the first post for me on my brand new blog - Excited and Scared!

I've recently ran out of my current cleanser, Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash For Oily Skin, so I'm on the hunt for a new one.
I might even try two different types. I've been searching all weekend to see if there are any out there that catch my eye.

Is there any one out there that has a tried and tested favourite they can recommend?

I have been using the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash along side my usual wash as a sort of booster to my cleanser.
I was expecting it to be quite harsh as some reviews used words like 'resurfacing' however, I use it as the first step in my double cleansing and it makes my skin lovely and smooth and seems to pave the way for the next step.

For those that picked up on the double cleansing bit I know that I sound a bit obsessive in my cleansing, and I hold my hands up and say this can be true, but I was once told by a great beauty therapist, that double cleansing can make all the difference to skin.

The first cleansing takes off the surface dirt, like make up and pollution, that allows you to reach deep down into the pores and lift out all the nasty dirt and oil that's hiding there. You only have to work on each step for 30-60 seconds, but believe me and my skin it works!

I found that some of my skin blemishes were caused by medical reasons, but the rest I treated by not using the strongest soaps and skin washes and going for the ones that work with the skin and oils rather than stripping them.

Until the next post has anyone tried an oil cleanser they'd care to recommend?
I really want to try one as I sometimes use oil as a moisturiser (yes even on oily skin) and it works wonders.

Anyhow please feel free to pass on any hints or tips.

Till next time,

See Ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment